Top 20 Things To Do in Scappoose (on September 15, 2012)
1. Meet at Scappoose High School and start the day with a 5K run/walk to raise funds for the Matt Moquium Scholarship.
2. Eat an original Famous Scappoose Sandwich prepared fresh by the Scappoose Community Club.
3. Commission a handmade quilt from the Scappoose Seniors.
4. Eat sauerkraut ice-cream and sauerkraut chocolate cupcakes.
5. Roll a cabbage for a strike at the Cabbage Bowl.
6. Stock up on books at the Friends of the Library Basement Book Sale.
7. Tour the historic Watts House Museum.
8. Purchase a Festival T-shirt.
9. Play with the animals at the 4-H petting zoo.
10. Fall in love with a Newfoundland.
11. Get your Christmas shopping done early at the arts and crafts booths on 2nd Street and the Scappoose Farmers Market.
12. Be amazed by Scappoose High School’s award-winning Vision Dance Team.
13. Make your mark on the cabbage street mural.
14. Check out the latest fashions from Dianna’s Formal Wear and buy clothes and jewelry from the many 2nd Street vendors.
15. Improve your gardening skills learning from the Columbia County Master Gardeners.
16. Buy native plantings from the Scappoose Bay Watershed Council.
17. Meet the Sauerkraut Festival Queen and get your autographed photo.
18. Eat fast in the Sauerkraut Eating Contest and win a cash prize.
19. Catch up on all the news with your friends and neighbors.
20. Sing Happy Birthday to Mayor Scott Burge!