23rd Annual Scappoose Sauerkraut Festival
Saturday, September 21, 2012, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Heritage Park in Scappoose, Oregon
1. This application is for a booth at the Scappoose Sauerkraut Festival to be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, September 21, 2013 in Scappoose, Oregon. This application and the letter of acceptance from the Scappoose Community Club (SCC) shall constitute a contract between the Vendor and SCC.
2. Vendor shall pay a fee for spaces. All space fees, electrical hook up and water fees shall be paid in full at the time the signed application is returned to SCC. No refunds will be issued.
3. Vendor set up is Friday, September 20, 2013 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. If you intend to bring a vehicle onto the Festival site on Saturday morning, you have to enter the site prior to 8:00 a.m. No vehicles will be permitted to enter the festival grounds after 8:00 a.m. on the day of the festival. All vehicles already on the grounds by 8:00 a.m. will be required to exit the grounds by 9:00 a.m. ALL VENDORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE ON SITE AND HAVE TENTS AND OTHER STRUCTURAL ITEMS SET UP BY 9:00 A.M. SALES ARE PERMITTED ANY TIME AFTER 9:00 A.M.
4. Vendor agrees to have booth completely set up and open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. the day of the festival. Take down of vendor booths is not permitted until 6:00 p.m.
5. SCC reserves the right to approve and will limit the goods sold within any given category. Vendors are not allowed to sell sausage in any form. Sale of sausage shall be the exclusive right of SCC.
6. No sales of product, distribution of information or any other vendor activity shall occur outside of the assigned vendor booth space. Amplified sound is not permitted to extend outside the assigned booth space. Sound levels from individual vendor booths shall not interfere with other vendor’s ability to conduct business or cause complaints to the Festival Coordinator. All festival music shall be provided by SCC exclusively.
7. The SCC and its officers, volunteers and contractors assume no responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever. By their signature on the application form, the vendor shall save, defend and hold harmless the SCC, its officers, members and contractors from any damages or claims arising from Vendor’s activities under this agreement. Vendors who are not members of the Scappoose Community AND any vendor who sells products that are ingested or applied to the skin are required to provide a certificate of liability insurance naming the Scappoose Community Club as an additional insured with no exceptions.
8. There is no official security overnight on Friday night before the festival.
9. Vendor agrees to be responsible for the clean up of the booth area at the end of the Festival.
10. Vendors who do not comply with this agreement will not be allowed to continue their sales or presentation and may be asked to close their booth and exit the Festival. Please note – take down of vendor booths will not be allowed until after 6:00 p.m.
11. Food vendors will be inspected and a temporary Columbia County health permit must be obtained. This permit is required by the State of Oregon and strictly enforced by Columbia County. For more information, call (503) 366-3828.
12. The Fire Marshall will be on site to ensure compliance with the following for all food vendors:
-Food vendors must carry fire extinguishers.
-Fire extinguishers must be mounted five feet from the floor and near the exit from the booth.
-Fire extinguishers must be at least 2A-10BC type.
-Electrical extension cords are required to carry larger voltage than the appliance served.
-Extension cords must be 3-prong and UP approved on appliances requiring grounding.
-Bare metal next to cords is prohibited.
-CO2 bottles must be secured.
For additional information, call Beth Pulito at 503-543-8906 or Lisa Smith at 503-543-2010, or use the Contact Form.